Lesson 4: Division Properties of Exponents
PLEASE CHECK IN LATER TO SEE THE ENTIRE LESSON – WORK IN PROGRESS
We might have this next week. – will be decided on Wednesday.
Inquiry based discovery method in groups
Previously on “Mr T’s class” (5 min)
Launch (5 min)
- How many times further is Saturn from the Sun than what Earth is from the Sun?
Explore (10 min)
Divide into groups, each have one problem to work on
- Facilitator – makes sure the team stays focused on the task, solves the problem and has a clear presentation planned
- Scribe – takes notes while at the
- Summarizer – presents the end result, logic and learning steps
- Devil’s advocate – devil is in the details
Summarize (10 min)
Each team shares with their findings.
- Complete the worksheet
Next on “Professor T’s class”
- On Thursday, review group exercise for Friday’s quiz